Although my husband is a big fan of Red Velvet Cake, he was very happy to gobble down a plate of Pink Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies. Luscious and creamy, these brownies are unlike any I have ever had or made before.
If you are having any type of gathering or potluck in your future, these would be a great addition to the buffet table. I thought they were perfect for a little girl’s birthday party with the lovely pink and white coloring.
The recipe is easy enough to let som additional little hands in th kitchen and let the consumer actually do the making!
Pink Velvet Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- 1 Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ Cake Mix white
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chocolate extract
- 2 tablespoons milk or water, plus 2 more tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon Betty Crocker™ gel food color Neon Pink
- 1 (8 oz.) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Line a 9×13-inch pan with non-stick tin foil or with parchment paper and spray with baking spray. Combine cake mix, melted butter, egg, chocolate extract, 2 tablespoons milk and pink food coloring in a mixing bowl. Stir until combined.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of batter, then pour the rest into prepared pan. Spread batter in a thin layer in bottom of pan. Stir the remaining 2 tablespoons milk into reserved batter, thinning it out.
- Stir together cream cheese and sugar (or pulse in a food processor). Add egg and vanilla extract and stir until smooth. Pour cheesecake filling over the brownie batter. Drizzle the reserved pink batter over cheesecake, then swirl using a fork or knife.
- Bake uncovered for 18 minutes. Remove and cover pan with tin foil. Return to oven for 6-8 more minutes. The center will still jiggle slightly and will firm up as it cools.
- Cool at room temperature for about an hour, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut into 24 squares. Store any extras in refrigerator.