One of my favorite desserts ever is bread pudding. Now that I have found the Pecan Pie Bread Pudding, I will never look for another bread pudding recipe again. This recipe is so easy even the kids could make it!
The entire recipe is dump, melt, stir and then dump all ingredients together in a casserole pan. Yuuuumy!
Just looking at the directions and ingredients is making my mouth water!
Watch the video and then the ingredients and instructions are after the video. Great dessert for movie or game night. It is really good when you can snuggle up to your honey and a fire!
Let us know what you think!
Pecan Pie Bread Pudding
1 (16 oz) loaf day-old crusty bread, cubed (alternatively, if your bread is fresh, cube it and lightly toast in a 350 F oven for 15-20 minutes- this helps the bread cubes absorb more of the custard mixture without getting too soggy)
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups half & half
½ cup salted butter
1 ½ cups packed brown sugar
¼ cup corn syrup
2 cups pecans halves
1 Tablespoon vanilla
⅛ teaspoon table salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put the bread cubes in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, milk and half & half together. Pour over the bread and allow to soak 5 to 10 minutes. Pour bread pudding into a 9×13 greased pan.
4. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and mix with the brown sugar, corn syrup and pecans. Stir in the vanilla and salt. When the sugar has all melted and the mixture is syrupy, about five minutes, pour it into the pan of bread pudding and mix.
5. Cover the pan with foil and bake at 350 F 45 to 55 minutes, uncovering the pan after 30 minutes so the top will brown.
SOURCE: Tip Hero