One pot dishes are usually easy and very delicious. The One Pot Spicy Noodles is one such recipe. This recipe has it all with veggies, linguini, a spicy sauce and peanuts as garnish among many other great ingredients. With a recipe called ‘spicy’ and the main ingredient in the spicy sauce is Sriracha, you know that you will be able to spice it up or tone it down as you and your family may like.
This would be a great meal for a Meatless Monday and will make you family happy with a great tasting dinner. I am thinking to make thi with some chicken or maybe shrimp the next time I try this. The Hubby loved it and there were no leftovers for the kid when he got home…Poor Baby!
Give this a try and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
One Pot Spicy Noodles
- 1 pound linguine
- 2 TBS olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ med onion, julienne
- 1 lg carrot, bias cut
- 1 zucchini, cut in half vertically, then sliced into half moons
- 8 ounces mushroom, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 TBS Sriracha hot sauce (this is A LOT of spice, tone it down if you don’t like spicy)
- 2 inches fresh ginger grated
- 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped
- Cook the pound of linguine according to package directions. Drain and set aside in separate bowl.
- For the spicy sauce combine brown sugar, soy sauce, sriracha, and ginger. Whisk and set aside.
- Return pot to stove and over medium heat, add 1 TBS olive oil. Add in beaten eggs and red pepper flakes. With spatula stir to scramble and then set aside.
- Return pot to stove, heat 1 TBS oil over medium heat. Add onions and carrots and saute for one minute, add zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic. Saute vegetable mix over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn down heat to low and add pasta and eggs to pot. Pour in the sauce mixture. With tongs, turn the pasta and veggies so they’re coated with sauce. Remove from heat and add peanuts, green onions and cilantro.
Garnish with additional peanuts and cilantro.
Please visit Tip Hero for more great recipes.